Nail System randomly turns invisible with no reason.

So, I've been having this issue off and on for the the past couple months, and there's seemingly no rhyme or reason for it. Sometimes, the Nail System https://www.daz3d.com/nail-system-for-genesis-3-and-8-female-s here, will just randomly become invisible in renders. Like they've suddenly turned to glass. It has nothing to do with the lighting, because it sometimes happens in lit scenes, or totally blank work spaces. And it will just happen out of nowhere with no way to fix it, until it randomly decides to fix itself. So, for example:

This is what I have in the workspace. There are 2 material layers for the nail system. The nail itself, and another topcoat layer for polish and such, which is invisible until you apply something to it. In this picture, both materials are default.

And this is how it renders out. Like they've somehow turned to glass. Changing the material on either the nails or the topcoat does nothing, changing the lighting does nothing. This just happens and then eventually stops happening. Needless to say this is annoying and I don't know if I'm doing something to screw it up or if there's some kind of bug in how it talks to iray, or what. But if anyone has any idea, I'd really like some tips.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,449

Are you sure you are applying the materials to the nails figure rather than to the base figure?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    I get the same issue, very frustrating. Glad I am not the only one.
  • AliPopAliPop Posts: 42

Are you sure you are applying the materials to the nails figure rather than to the base figure?

Yes, I've been using this for over a year. And in the case of these renders here, I'm not applying any materials to anything.