G3 to G8 character converter seems to have brick'd my Daz Studio

https://www.daz3d.com/character-converter-from-genesis-3-female-to-genesis-8-female

I ran Riversoft Art's scene character converter on a fairly elaborately morphed G3 character and all seemed to be going well -- it transmuted a basic G8 I'd prepared into a brilliantly exact copy of the G3 character. Unfortunately now any time I attempt to load ANY G8 generation female my Daz Studio locks up...

Letting it sit for about 20 minutes I'm now seeing the message "Duplicate formulas found in files. Make sure the content is properly installed. See log for more details."

I'm guessing I maybe set the folder to store the adapted morphs wrong. Any assistance would be welcome.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454

M ost likely there a morph converted whose name matched an already  existing morph. If you search the log for duplicate you should find the name, and the location of one of them

• shiba_tomashiba_toma Posts: 69
    edited May 2020

I often have trouble FINDING "the log" as it only seems to be open at certain times.

Ok, I seem to have found it under the 'help' tab.

Log explosion.png
    1920 x 1080 - 472K
    Post edited by shiba_toma on

What is Nike for Genesis 8 Female?

"Nike" is the name I gave to the character being converted by the scene character converter. It seems to have automatically extended that to 'Nike for Genesis 8' when creating a folder for the conversion.

Deleting the three Karen morphs (eyelids smooth and R/L cheek flex) that were causing a HUGE number of errors, then loading and resaving the figure now has it loading somewhat slowly, but not absurdly slowly.

I thought maybe converting some of my purchased characters would give it a more general library of morphs to draw on. One thing I'm seeing (now 16 hours into the process :) ) is the Riversoft converter throws an error every time it tries to process eyelashes. I have to manually acknowledge the issue and then it goes back to chugging along.

It's p[ossible that something else you covnerted also use the Karen 7 shape, and you ended up with two different versions.

edited May 2020

that was the very first, single, and only conversion I'd done at the time :)

I'm processing my library of G3 characters right now and on every single character, it's glitching when it gets to their lashes...

lashes hang.png
    342 x 436 - 24K
    Post edited by shiba_toma on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Those are different Duplicate Formula errors than I'm used to seeing -

2020-05-08 22:13:15.519 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6870): Duplicate formula found linking yOrigin & Naomi Head in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Anain&Belladona/Naomi/Naomi Head.dsf.2020-05-08 22:13:15.519 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6871): 	owner: Genesis8Female2020-05-08 22:13:15.519 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6872): 	output: rPectoral:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#rPectoral?center_point/y2020-05-08 22:13:15.523 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6873): 	input: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Anain%26Belladona/Naomi/Naomi%20Head.dsf#Naomi%20Head?value

Which is making me wonder if it's the character converter that's brick'd itself, and added those same six properties into that file multiple times.