Lagging reaction time on WSDA camera moving

Hi. Im having issues i didnt have at the beginning, such as experiancing huge lags between pressing a camera control button on the keyboard, and the actual movement on the screen. At first i didnt have this problem, so i tried a clean uninstall (removing the programdata/appdata files as well) and the problem is still here.

It is quite annoying to be honest and i dont know how to get rid of it. I tired to look it up on goole but (maybe i just didnt use the right term) didnt find any meaningful help. I wonder if one of the recently installed contents may be the cause of this. I hope its just a setting toggle :)

I couldnt attach the video file but i uploaded it as unlested video on youtube if you want to see what i mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=namsld64uzw

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,940
    Version 4.12.2.6 Public Beta has a fix for the WSDA lag.
  • How am i supposed to update to it? I have 4.12 installed i tried to look for the beta but the link doesnt exist anymore.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Does DIM show the new beta?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,940
    edited May 2020

If you have never installed a Daz Studio beta before, you have to "purchase" it for free in the store.

Then in DIM, you need to set your Download Filters to put a check mark on Public Build. It should then appear in the Ready to Download tab, along with its associated plugin versions. Download and install them. It will install to a separate folder and will not affect your existing Daz Studio released version. The beta (Public Build) and the released version have separate preferences, so you will need to set your preferences in the beta when you run it.

There are a couple sample scripts referenced in this thread to make copying preferences from one build to another easier, if you want the same settings in both.

Post edited by barbult on
  • Nice, thanks to you i managed to download and install it the way you described. The lag also disappeared.

For anyone in the future in case you are not familiar with DIM like i was, you can select filters in the advanced settings.

Thank you for the help again.