Can't Log Into Install Manager

melaniemelanie Posts: 779

For some reason, this morning I can't log into Install Manager. It was fine yesterday. I've been installng things almost everyday. My login and password have not changed and I have it clicked to "remember me." I've been using it everyday for a very long time. Now, I've tried everything, and nothing works. I have a couple new things to install and DIM is the way I always install things. It won't accept my login or password and keeps telling me to verify and try again. My DIM updated a few days ago, but it was working fine after the update. My login and password are correct. I tried several times, even rebooted my computer. Still no luck. Please see the screen shot.

DIM Logon.JPG
744 x 475 - 43K
Post edited by melanie on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454

It's currently working for me, is it still failing for you? If so, what security software are you using?

• I have the same problem. I use one computer for my graphic work. The install manager was working until today. Now, I get the same message you do. 

• melaniemelanie Posts: 779
    edited May 2020

It's still happening. I've been using McAfee on my computer for years. This has never happened to me before. Looks like there are two of us with this problem now.

Post edited by melanie on
  • sfaa69sfaa69 Posts: 353
    edited May 2020

I have the same problem, posted it on a separate thread before I found this one. Windows Defender on Firefox.

Screenshot (5).png
    1132 x 626 - 58K
    Screenshot (5).png
    1132 x 626 - 58K
    Post edited by sfaa69 on
  • mats76mats76 Posts: 289

I have the same issue with Install Manager today

• RonwaldRonwald Posts: 71

I was having the same problem with some items I ordered this evening. I get get onto the DAZ website, but not Intall Manager.  I went to re-enter my password again... the password I've had since forever. Yeah, I know, you're supposed to change passwords every so often.  That password was only about seven characters long. I realized that if Install Manager was expecting something more secure, it might be choking on the password.  I then remembered there had been an update to Install Manager a day or so ago.  So I went into my account and changed my password to something more robust, and Install Manager worked once again.

The short version- Change your account password and see if that helps. :)

• ChallyIIChallyII Posts: 49

Glad it's not just me. Worked fine yesterday- now its broken.

• IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655

same problem here frown

• Cat_DancingCat_Dancing Posts: 519

I've had the same problem after recently updating DIM. I took a lead from Ronwald and changed my PW, every thing is fine now.

Thanks Ronwald.

• I tried changing PW yesterday, it wouldn't let me.

• This is what comes up when I try to change my password. I tried many ways along with the suggested password, and nothing.

• The username can only contain letters, numbers, underscore, dash, and space
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,367

Yep I'm having the same problem can't log in, will pretty much stop my spending altogether.

This is what comes up when I try to change my password. I tried many ways along with the suggested password, and nothing.

• The username can only contain letters, numbers, underscore, dash, and space

Your name has a full stop/period, try replacing with a dash.

• Thank you, Richard. I changed my password and now I can get in IM.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,367

Thank you, Richard. I changed my password and now I can get in IM.

Yea it looks as if there's a problem with passwords.

• melaniemelanie Posts: 779

The short version- Change your account password and see if that helps. :)

Thank you, Ronwald! That worked. It works for me now.

• JDK8012JDK8012 Posts: 41

I don't even get that, DIM just CTD's when I run it any way but offline. angry

JDK8012 said:

I don't even get that, DIM just CTD's when I run it any way but offline. angry

Is that new or something that has been going on for a while? I know a few people have been reporting crashes, but that started before this issue with logging in.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 905

I had the same problem. Changed my password and it worked then notified me of a DIM update. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,940

Did Daz make any announcement of a change to the password policy for Install Manager? The Install Manager change log is utterly useless. All it says is "Source maintenance" for the last 8 updates. Where is the Install Manager password policy documented? The documentation center says only to use your store account email and password. But now it sounds like people are not able to use the store account password in Install Manager any longer. Are there different password policies now for the store and Install Manager?

• edited May 2020

Yup, same. Logged into my store account just fine, can't log into DIM.

Edit; I guess it comes down to changing our passwords, then? Fair enough.

Post edited by hepworthandrew_6975d83531 on
  • MouserMouser Posts: 675

Yes website login is fine but DIM fails but no anouncment from Daz?

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,358
    barbult said:

Did Daz make any announcement of a change to the password policy for Install Manager? The Install Manager change log is utterly useless. All it says is "Source maintenance" for the last 8 updates. Where is the Install Manager password policy documented? The documentation center says only to use your store account email and password. But now it sounds like people are not able to use the store account password in Install Manager any longer. Are there different password policies now for the store and Install Manager?

The password policy for DIM hasn't changed. From what I've read in another thread, a security patch was applied to the server. Because of that, certain passwords need to be changed due to now illegal characters.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,940
    barbult said:

The password policy for DIM hasn't changed. From what I've read in another thread, a security patch was applied to the server. Because of that, certain passwords need to be changed due to now illegal characters.

Thanks for responding. So what are the password requirements? Why doesn't the store and DIM use the same requirements? After that change, people could still log into the store but not DIM. Will we see the same login problem in the store next? Shouldn't the store server be patched, too if it is a security issue?

barbult said:
    barbult said:

Thanks for responding. So what are the password requirements? Why doesn't the store and DIM use the same requirements? After that change, people could still log into the store but not DIM. Will we see the same login problem in the store next? Shouldn't the store server be patched, too if it is a security issue?

DIM isn't  doing the authentication, it's acting as a go-between with the store

barbult said:

Source maintenance gets used to cover things that are secret - Iray and dForce for example - as well as actual source maintenance. Given that Daz Central uses the DIM code it's fairly easy to guess in retrospect what some of those entries cover. But, as I said above, DIM isn't the thing doing the authenticating so the changes would not have been in the DIM change log even if it was wholly transparent.

• MouserMouser Posts: 675
    Mouser said:

Okay its been another day and the DIM is stil not accessable due to login.

No official update from Daz except vague replys on a forum.

Mouser said:
    Mouser said:

Okay its been another day and the DIM is stil not accessable due to login.

No official update from Daz except vague replys on a forum.

Have yopu tried chnaging your password? It's only just gone 8AM in Daz land so a bit early for a response to anything.

• quanitrosquanitros Posts: 0

after the update the program wont recognize my login, i have rest my password already a few times no luck. trying to do all of the tutorials but am missing materials