LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Hi,

I have this appartment:

https://www.daz3d.com/european-style-apartment

And I wanna use that Lamp at the roof (which there have also no light):

But it is empty inside:

And well, the emission make nothing :(

Interesting is, it HAVE a emission map:

And yes I did turned the mission off there, cuz it doesnt work.

I made the emission now on the glass:

I use Watt for the inside, but... it doesnt look as good as it should.

Any idea what I can do? Also... it have 2 surfaces with 44polygons in the geoeditor but both are not there.

No bulb no emission.

Post edited by Loony on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

Yes, there look to be two material zones with emission set, but there also seems to be no geometry/mesh associated with them, even ramping Luminance into 7 digits had no effect!  I copy/pasted LampEmis surfaces settinsg to PNTR_GlassTranslucent and that seems to, at least, be a lot better, and is very much akin to your approach.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
    edited May 2020

I used now a bulb from a other lamp, did delete everything around and did moved it in.

I reduced the cutout a little bit.

Post edited by Loony on

I build now the Floorway to make a walk from room 1 to room 2 and that room have the other Bulb which have a Light Promo picture.

its the same Lamp.

but:

it have Emission settings AND a own Surface already, but... there is no object.

But even with emission on is it not very bright.

So I have to readjust it by myself, its a bit sad, that the Lamp get not correct adjusted for the Preload Set :/

• RD2ARTRD2ART Posts: 28

I am not sure, if I am answering your question,  but each light has an on and off morph inside the parameters tab. You can control the light that way. I have used both the kitchen and the above lamp in other products to light rooms that have poor lighting. Let me know if this helps. 

Oh.... really xD... I mean... I never! Looked in the parameters, I am in the workflow to look instant in the surface to check the emission :D

Man I feel stupid :(

I didnt thinked about to check the parameters, but I will do that! ( I am in a Long time render atm QHD).