Auto fit hair issue

I'm new to all this, so bear with me! I have a genesis 3 hair that comes with optional styles and such. When I auto fit it to a genesis 8 figure, it loads up all the options at once, and changing styles won't make the other options go away. Is there a setting that can fix this? Thanks!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454

Which hair? In the absenmce of any more informatioj I would guess that the options are handled as additional bones - when you AutoFit all custom bones are lost, the shape is adjusted and the base Geensis 8 female rigging and bones are projected into the resultant model. With hair the best option is often to parent it to the head, cancelling any fitting dialogue.

• andrewsmj1andrewsmj1 Posts: 0
    It's the topmodel updo hair. It has various options for bangs and p ok ponytail length. So, when I auto fit it, it applies all the bangs and ponytails at once, and adjusting the various styles doesn't remove the others. I'll keep playing with it!
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    Never autofit hair if you can help it. For g3 to g8 just load the hair with no figure selected and then change the scene identifier for the hair to g8 and then you can fit it like normal.