New product install questions re. PS v DS

When I buy a new product it sometimes comes with two files. For instance: Pumpkin Jacks Pumpkin Patch PS and Pumpkin Jacks Pumpkin Patch DS. What is the difference between these files? Do I need them both? Is one for Daz and the other poser? If so, I don't use Poser. Is it possible to skip installing this? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

If there's a DS version, you don't need the PS version.  Some older products have a StudioCF instead of a DS file, this is a Companion File which does require the PS version.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

If you have twi installs such as that: Name of Item Ps and Name of Item DS, you only need the one for the program you will be using. Thus, if you only use Daz Studio you just need the Name of Item DS install.

Sometimes you'll have Name of Item Ps (sometimes withouth the Ps) and a Name of Item StudioCF, and you'll need both of those - it's a Poser format item, and the StudioCF will (usually) give Daz Studio materials.

• wmiller314wmiller314 Posts: 184

Thanks. Big help. Guess I installed a lot of things I didn't need. Haha. Oh well.