creating my own HDR

hapciupalithapciupalit Posts: 121

Hi guys,

So I'm building a livingroom scene in a house with big windows which means I can see in the yard, however the problem is that the yard has a bunch of objects and it might affect the render speed so I decided to build my own HDR with the yard, however the HDR I have built doesn't cast shadow. I'm not sure why... 

Here you can see both the HDR I was using to have light on my yard and the make HDRI out of it and the one I have created.

And below you can see the result of a primitive with the previous HDR and my own custom made.

Below you can see what it looks like in my scene. I managed to align the yard more or less... and it's working well, but the lighting is a pain... I will also add some emissive primitive to light the room better, but still, I want to have at least similar effect with my HDR as with the other one.

To be honest I was expecting some differences but I tought that with some work I could achieve more or less the same thing, however in my case I cannot get any light, shadows or so on. I tried rotating the dome on all the axis to see if there is a slight chance of getting a small amount of light....

So I'm not sure what could I do, or what could be the problem. 

Any ideas?

Post edited by hapciupalit on