Posing packs changing figure scales?

Hi all!

I have recently noticed that sometimes when I apply a predefined Pose on a character, his/her scale might change with no warning. If I don't pay attention a render might be ruined becuase a character is now shorter or taller than previous renders.

What is the cause of this? How can it be prevented? 

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,367

Hi all!

I have recently noticed that sometimes when I apply a predefined Pose on a character, his/her scale might change with no warning. If I don't pay attention a render might be ruined becuase a character is now shorter or taller than previous renders.

It shouldn't happen, unfortunately its all too common, the PA didn't save the poses correctly and the problem wasn't picked up during testing or QAV, they sometimes get fixed but not all the time. Its infuriating especially as its easy to avoid if the creator pays attention to what they are doing.

Some poses will move the character back to the 0,0,0 default place, some even alter the morph dials adding ones that the PA was using when creating the poses that is so frustrating a bit worse than the scaling thing as sometimes it subtle and you don't notice until much to late these poses do that

https://www.daz3d.com/capsces-poses-and-expressions-for-sakura-8-and-aiko-8

Unfortunately this isn't the first time this PA has done this sort of thing with poses which is a real shame as I love their poses but its the last set I buy from them now.

• P302P302 Posts: 35
    edited May 2020

I didn't find this in a commercial set yet but I made the mistake by myself. Now I always uncheck the scaling option in the save pose dialog. It's a bummer that this dialog doesn't allow saving preferences like e.g. the mirror dialog. 

You could try to lock the scale controls in the parameters tab and then load the pose.  AFAIK then your figure does not scale. After that you could re-save the pose without scaling. 

Post edited by P302 on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

Hi all!

When you come across that in a set purchased from Daz3D, please report it so it can be fixed.  THnak you

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• CapscesCapsces Posts: 465
    scorpio said:

Hi all!

It shouldn't happen, unfortunately its all too common, the PA didn't save the poses correctly and the problem wasn't picked up during testing or QAV, they sometimes get fixed but not all the time. Its infuriating especially as its easy to avoid if the creator pays attention to what they are doing.

Some poses will move the character back to the 0,0,0 default place, some even alter the morph dials adding ones that the PA was using when creating the poses that is so frustrating a bit worse than the scaling thing as sometimes it subtle and you don't notice until much to late these poses do that

https://www.daz3d.com/capsces-poses-and-expressions-for-sakura-8-and-aiko-8

Unfortunately this isn't the first time this PA has done this sort of thing with poses which is a real shame as I love their poses but its the last set I buy from them now.

The expressions in the specific set you mention does adjust facial morphs that were included with Sakura to acheve certain looks. The following information was included in the readme:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/51759/start#product_notes
    Shaping morphs that come with Sakura were used in the creation of the Sakura expression presets and will change the look of your character. If you wish to use the expressions without changing the shape of your character, try using the Aiko 8 expressions.

This should not happen with my other pose sets, unless I specifically state otherwise. If it does, the issue should be reported as suggested by Mattymanx.