IRAY Rendering scene black - but only from one angle

So I'm rendering a scene in IRAY. I have 3 cameras, 1 distanct light (IRAY). A few point lights in 3Delight which I don't can if show up in IRAY (tried in IRAY looked overblown so I turned back to 3Delight)

Rendering out two of the camera angles in IRAY worked perfectly fine. Trying to render out the last angle in IRAY, it comes up entirely black and the render never finishes. Cancelling the render also only sometimes works - other times it allows me to hit cancel but doesn't actually cancel - I have to force quit the program. But it was drawing from my disk like crazy as if it was trying to work. This render will render out in 3delight no problem though.

Any ideas what might be causing this problem?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454

Are you sure there is nothing blockign the third camera - for example the lights, if they have been given a finite size instead of being left as points.

• katywhitekatywhite Posts: 434
    edited May 2020

@Richard Haseltine Thanks! The render is now showing something in the image - but for some reason it is all blown out. It has the same lighting as the other two angles, any ideas why it would look overblown in this particular angle but not the others? I'm using a distant light so I didn't think it should be overlighting the image (even tried shutting off the point lights but still overblown)

Post edited by katywhite on

Have you perhaps overridden the Headlamp setting on that camera to be On instead of Auto? Check in the Parameters pane.

@Richard Haseltine It was on Auto. I tried changing it to 'off' but that didn't help either. Still very overblown.

I can't immediately think of another possibility. Have you tried restarting DS?

edited May 2020

@Richard Haseltine I've closed it down and reopened it and retried it a few times. Still all blown out.

Post edited by katywhite on