PC freezes when attempting to simulate(Dforce)

This problem might have been covered elsewhere, but I haven't found it anywhere.  The problem I'm having is that when I attempt to simulate anything my pc seems to just go into a complete standstill.  Absolutely nothing happens w/the exception of the appropriate dialog box for the simulation popping up.  The time and everything freezes at 1 sec.  If you click on anything you see the "(Not Responding)" tag, and anything else will then cause the screen to go into semitransparent white, and still nothing else happens.

I have checked all I know to look at, all items at default settings, Open CL Device setting is: Open CL Intel UHD 630.

My laptop, Alienware 17R5, i7-8750H CPU, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX1070, running Windows 10, and all drivers updated,

It also doesn't matter if I try to simulate from a a set pose or from the timeline.  I get no other error messages as I have to end the program.

I also am not attempting to simulate big items or multiples, one G8F character, non-Dforce hair, and just a simple Dforce dress.

Is there something I'm missing, need to load(reload)....  I'm not highly knowledged about indepth software issues, so please, keep is simple.

I really appreciate any help that can be offered as I'd love to be able to utilize Dforce.  Thanks!

Comments

• vagansvagans Posts: 422

With a 1070 you should be using the GPU for the Open CL Device.

• EeyoreEeyore Posts: 30
    edited May 2020

I will give it a shot and see what happens.  Thanks.

Wow. That did the trick.  Simulated and rendered in just a couple minutes.  Again, thank you.

Post edited by Eeyore on