Daz 4.12 up date - worth upgrading?

Hello,

I was wondering what is new with this update and if it is worth it or just wait for 4.13.

Thanks

Comments

• There are two primary considerations.

Which version are you coming from?

And

What are your hardware specs?

If you're coming from a significantly older version there are a lot of enhancements and options that are available compared to older versions.

If you're using older hardware, especially Fermi based GPUS, you'll loose gpu rendering, if using iray.

There have been a number of bugs reported with 4.12 and a lot of issues, but personally i've not encountered any of these issues. So there may be something else either O.S., driver, or hardware related that's creating the various problems.

or i've just gotten lucky.

• Haruki790Haruki790 Posts: 55

Hi,

I'm using Daz 4.12.0.86 Pro - 64bit version and I do art work on a MacBook air 2018 running Mojave with 8g ram and i5 1.6 ghz processor and DS on external drive.

For my rendering I have an MSI Titan Gt75 with 32g ram, i7 2.6 ghz processor, Nividia GTX1080 GPU, 512ssd/ 1tb hd (DS is on the hd).

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

Proceed with caution. I recommend backing up your hard drive so you can restore it if needed. I'm on iMac High, Sierra, and since the updated I have constent crashes. DS is completely unusbable.