How to fill the gap? (breast bridging)

I often create my own characters and I use a lot of morphs to make them different from each other. The female characters show a great deal of variety, particularly in the breasts department as one can easily modify their 
size, depth, shape, height, etc... 
As long as they are naked, there is nothing to complain about. Not for me anyway ;-)  But for characters with medium to large breasts, it's always anoying how shirts or tops don't behave or stretch naturally around the curves...
Being a known problem, there are some tools that help to minimize or eliminate this plague. Some clothes also come with a morph that specifically affect the bridge positively. I already own SY Universal Breast Helper, and it does a very good job on average. However, the problem with universal tools is that they are... universal. It's a one-size-fits-all solution that will not perfectly fit any particular character. Sometimes, I'll export the cloth as obj, adapt the shape in Blender and import as a morph. The morph however is linked to the cloth and adapted to a character, so it won't work if you change cloth or character... Not very practical...

My question (finally): Given a particular character, how can I make a custom projection morph controlled by a dial that would not visually affect the figure (important if the cleavage is visible!), but have an effect on the clothes? I wouldn't bother to do it for each character, but I'd do it only once...

Comments

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

I would just use meshgrabber everytime when you have a clothes product where you wanna change it, and yes Meshgrabber is a must have for Daz Studio, BUT you need Windows ;) if you have Mac... goodbye :P

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited May 2020
    Loony said:

I would just use meshgrabber everytime when you have a clothes product where you wanna change it, and yes Meshgrabber is a must have for Daz Studio, BUT you need Windows ;) if you have Mac... goodbye :P

Yup, sad but true:( So I first use fit control, if that doesn't fix it I use dFormers and spawn to morph, and possibly save the morph as a support/morph asset. Last resource is to go the dForce way and create a morph from the simulation for later use...haven't purchased a single dForce ready item as of yet, so chances for a spectacular explosion are rather highdevil

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • mlominymlominy Posts: 218

Thank you Loony and Sven Dullah for trying to help.

1) I am well aware of the Meshgrabber workaround. I just happen to do it in Blender with the Grab function.

2) dformers involve a lot of fiddling and DForce is not the appropriate tool since the problem is not about gravity but stretching/pulling the fabric away from the cleavage area...

These solutions involve working on the cloth itself, so it has to be done every time you change clothes...  :-(

The solution I am suggesting would be, in my sense, a more elegant and practical way of adressing the bridging problem. By making a projection morph for a particular character there would be no need to tweak clothes every time you change them...

I know this can be done technically since universal tools do exist. I would like to use the same principles but for a given character. I just don't know how to do it...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,943

SickleYield has a tutorial for projection morphs.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631

https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield/journal/Tutorial-Creating-Dialed-Projection-Morphs-482940785

I can also be contacted on deviantart, which I prefer to forum PMs.