Can't render on 4.12.1.117

AlmuricAlmuric Posts: 15

I recently updated to 4.12.1.117 and now I am seeing the dreaded 'Unable to render. Renerer already in use' message. The render starts but when I cancel, Daz usually crashes.

Also, when I try to save scenes, I am seeing two windows pop up, not one. These two issues are driving me crazy. I've alreeady filed a support ticket, but Daz support can't or won't respond. Anyone out there have any ideas? I've reinstalled Studio clean three times already and the problem isn't going away.

The only unique aspect of my setup is that my content libraries are on an external drive, but I've mapped it to Studio and DIM so that shuldn't be a problem. I'm on Mac OS 10.14.

Post edited by Almuric on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454

Other Mac users have reported these issues (sme are in the thread on the new version in the Daz Studio discussion forum) and daz is aware of them, but they are not universal which obviously makes tracking them down and fixing them harder.

• AlmuricAlmuric Posts: 15

Other Mac users have reported these issues (sme are in the thread on the new version in the Daz Studio discussion forum) and daz is aware of them, but they are not universal which obviously makes tracking them down and fixing them harder.

Understood, thank you, Richard. Any suggestions? I've tried cleaning off all of my Studio config files and doing a clean reinstall, but obviously I'm not getting it. Any way I can roll back to the previous version?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454

Apparently there is a potential fix is in testing http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_12_2_6 . In the meantime this does seem to be an issue with shortcuts, as noted in the change lof entry, so avoid those by using File>Save and Render>Render instead of cmd S/cmd R and you should be able to save/render.

• AlmuricAlmuric Posts: 15
    edited May 2020

Apparently there is a potential fix is in testing http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_12_2_6 . In the meantime this does seem to be an issue with shortcuts, as noted in the change lof entry, so avoid those by using File>Save and Render>Render instead of cmd S/cmd R and you should be able to save/render.

Understood. Staying away from shortcuts does seem to work. I've done several test renders and so far, no more errors. Thank you!

Post edited by Almuric on