I know this has been mentioned before but...

Is there anyway to get G8F to load faster. I love Daz stuff and I have a ton of it. It takes over an hour for the model to load. I know I have to go into the log and delete all the duplicate names but 1 i'm lazy, 2 if I paid for a product it should be compatible with it regardless. 3 to be honest I'm not that tech savy, I just want to hit a button and have it work. So please, pretty please do something to get G8F to load faster I am sure with all the great minds at Daz someone can come up with a fix for this,cause it's getting to the point that I don't even want to use the model anymore.

Comments

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
    edited May 2020

Damn, an hour is pretty bad..... The only real way to get it to load faster is to get rid of problematic morphs. My suggestion would be to start from scratch. Look at every single morph set, and think hard wether or not you will actually ever use it. Only install what you will use. I halved my loading time by doing that recently. I didn't install similar looking people, unless they had amazing skin, or something unique to bring to the table, I also didn't install any person that doesn't have the option of a texture with no painted on brow unless their shape was unique, as I use fibermesh brows now always.  

Post edited by TheKD on
  • myutogarumyutogaru Posts: 60

Have you tried recently? Within the last few hours? I just checked and there was an update for the base G8F and I loaded her up in the scene in a few seconds

• edited May 2020
    myutogaru said:

Have you tried recently? Within the last few hours? I just checked and there was an update for the base G8F and I loaded her up in the scene in a few seconds

I didn't see an update but I truly don't believe it's the model itself ,it's the way it's loaded,If they could just find a way to tell the program to ignore the duplicate files or something like that. But like I said I know squat about computers or programing. But in my mind this is a big problem.

Post edited by cradzinski_3dd03228a0 on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Attach your log file to a post that way some of us (ie me) can get a look see what errors you have, most errors are just annoying but too many can slow DS right down, but there are some real nasty ones that can lockup DS for extended periods.

• edited May 2020

Will do

• There you go

txt
    txt
    Log 5-8-20.txt
    7M
  • kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

You have at least 2 duplicate formula issues. Fixing those are a total PITA. You need to contact Daz CS and see if they can either get the PA to straighten it out or track them all down and delete them.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited May 2020

Going to take me a while to digest this log, I was expecting huge time jumps between messages, and while there are a few jumps of a couple of minutes it's not what I was expecting.

First impressions are that it's the shear number of errors being generated that is causing DS and your CPU to struggle with them.

EDIT

Lets start with the Duplicate Formula errors.

Briallen is generating a couple hundred of these, and takes DS 2:22 minutes to process.

200 Plus (thought this got fixed) is also generating a pile of them and taking 43 seconds to do it.

You have a character called Daphne that has two of them.

Then we get to Auto Face Enhancer, time stamp starts at 21:16:48 and ends at 22:03:06, just under 48 minutes, which also takes up most of the log file.

Naomi is another character generating quite a few of them.

Grand total of 7869 Duplicate formula errors.

You have a lot more error messages than that though, including quite a few broken asset files. DAZ have updated G8F atleast once, that means assets have been moved/renamed and internal properties have been changed, but some of your products are still looking for the old assets/properties, and coughing up errors as a result.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
  • edited May 2020
    Bejaymac said:

Going to take me a while to digest this log, I was expecting huge time jumps between messages, and while there are a few jumps of a couple of minutes it's not what I was expecting.

First impressions are that it's the shear number of errors being generated that is causing DS and your CPU to struggle with them.

EDIT

Lets start with the Duplicate Formula errors.

Briallen is generating a couple hundred of these, and takes DS 2:22 minutes to process.

200 Plus (thought this got fixed) is also generating a pile of them and taking 43 seconds to do it.

You have a character called Daphne that has two of them.

Then we get to Auto Face Enhancer, time stamp starts at 21:16:48 and ends at 22:03:06, just under 48 minutes, which also takes up most of the log file.

Naomi is another character generating quite a few of them.

Grand total of 7869 Duplicate formula errors.

You have a lot more error messages than that though, including quite a few broken asset files. DAZ have updated G8F atleast once, that means assets have been moved/renamed and internal properties have been changed, but some of your products are still looking for the old assets/properties, and coughing up errors as a result.

Well guess I have to deal with it. Thanks so much for looking at it ,very nice of you.

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

You don't have to just deal with it. Your install is all sorts of screwed up though.

You might be best served deleting all your G8F content and reinstalling from Daz. For stuff you got elsewhere you should check those sites for product updates to fix all the broken references.

Just don't install the content causing the duplicate formula errors.