How to install 4.12.1.117 without DIM (on Mac OS)

I've been using Daz consistently for 7+ years and am an advanced user. But for some reason, since updating to 4.12.1.117, I've had many problems. Even after triple-checking and resetting content paths and other settings, Daz continues to crash when saving or rendering (in other words, useless). SO... I uninstalled and reinstalled the application with DIM – now three times – to solve the issues. Unfortunately, each reinstall only makes the problems worse. 

I believe it might be due to: 1) not achieving full uninstall before re-installing, and 2) DIM keeps placing various files in places on my computer that don't work with my configuration: My Daz 3D Library is 282 GB, and as a result resides on an external drive. This has never been a problem until updating to 4.12.1.117.

Today I went thoroughly through my entire computer deleting all Daz files and directories – so I am pretty certain ALL Daz files have been deleted. But I do not want to do yet another failed DIM install. I am trying to do a MANUAL install to bypass DIM, but it looks like the current option for installing is only through DIM. Does anyone know a link or anything that I can use to download 4.12.1.117 without using DIM? If so, I can't find it anywhere on daz3d.com.

Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks.

Post edited by Ulysses Heart on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,458
    edited May 2020

There is not currently a stand-alone installer for the Mac - see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/353851/daz-studio-4-12-pro-general-release-updated/p1#known_issues

If you post more information about the way your system is behaving, and its configuration, someone may be able to help.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Ulysses HeartUlysses Heart Posts: 43
    edited May 2020

Richard –

Thanks very much for your quick response. I'm disappointed there's no Mac manual install, but now at least I know I'll have to figure this out with DIM. I've included a PDF explanation of the problems I've faced. I sent it to Support two days ago. Haven't gotten a response yet, but the PDF should be clear. (One thing I forgot to put in the PDF is that Daz crashes during saves, and if I try to render as well.)

Thanks again.

pdf
    pdf
    Serious Problems with Daz_May2020.pdf
    Post edited by Ulysses Heart on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,458

The first issue can happen if the Content Management System things a product was isntalled with Connect (that is, isnide DS) but only the DIM files are present. I think there have been other Mac users reporting the rest of your problems, but they are proving hard to reproduce and so to fix.