Low Quality Render?

I am making an animation by hand in Daz studio, and I need to be able to render short sections of the animation so I can review them in REAL TIME to make sure they look good. I do not want to have to render full quality frames just to check the animation, I don't care about the quality of the render, and really, I don't care about textures. I just want to quickly render 30 frames so I can make sure my animation works visually. I have trued setting the render quality to interactive, but "interactive" apparently doesn't man viewport quality, as a single frame in interactive quality takes just as long as photographic quality. Animations do not run in real time in the viewport, and there doesn't seem to be a way to output quick test renders for animations, so how can I check my animations look good QUICKLY? Why isn't there a viewport quality render setting?

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

I am making an animation by hand in Daz studio, and I need to be able to render short sections of the animation so I can review them in REAL TIME to make sure they look good. I do not want to have to render full quality frames just to check the animation, I don't care about the quality of the render, and really, I don't care about textures. I just want to quickly render 30 frames so I can make sure my animation works visually. I have trued setting the render quality to interactive, but "interactive" apparently doesn't man viewport quality, as a single frame in interactive quality takes just as long as photographic quality. Animations do not run in real time in the viewport, and there doesn't seem to be a way to output quick test renders for animations, so how can I check my animations look good QUICKLY? Why isn't there a viewport quality render setting?

There is! Set the render engine to Basic OpenGL, just what you see in texture shaded mode!

• There is! Set the render engine to Basic OpenGL, just what you see in texture shaded mode!

Thank you! Didn't even think about that!