Ye Old Pirate Weapons Doesn't Work for Me

I've installed 
Ye Old Pirate Weapons with Connect and via download and even setting up it's own library. I get the error below for each item. Please advise.

"An error occured while reading the file."

Is it possible something was left out of the package?

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

That error is usually from trying to use a preset with out the object it is for selected or loaded.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493
    jestmart said:

That error is usually from trying to use a preset with out the object it is for selected or loaded.

Looks like it's supposed to be a standalone and the only presets are to load each item.

https://www.daz3d.com/ye-ole-pirate-weapons

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited May 2020

I just checked my DAZ Connect installed product and the files are not decrypting properly. This issue happens more times than it should when installing with DAZ Connect.

1. If DAZ Connect is your perferred method in installing content, you'll need to file a problem report with DAZ customer service. 

2. Another option is to install with DIM.

3. Fix it yourself option is to download the DIM installer and extract/overwrite the files in My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_69643.  If Studio was running, you'll need to exit and restart Studio.  I just did this and the product is now installed.

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493
    edited May 2020

Thanks. Got it to work with the manual method.

Post edited by Greybro on