Dforce poketrough avoidable?

Hi, I have this pose:

And want the Kimino dropp correct on the couch and Pants, both collision objects got a static surface and I used memorized bone, but it still goes through it sometimes.

I use already the Best Algorythm and a slightly increased collision iteration handle and 48 iterations per Subframe (32 is standard),  So why is it still ignoring the pants+couch at some points?

I want this knowledge mainly for my future work, I can/will this now adjust with meshgrabber, but growing dforce knowledge can help :)

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

I don't know exactly how dForce computes collision but the problem might be that the mesh for the collision item is not very dense so there are no vertices in the right place to collide with the clothing.

If that's the problem there are 2 optionsI can think of:

• try a higher subdivision level for the collision item. This may not be the best idea if it's big though
    • Use a small dense item that you will hide as a collision item, for example put a small invisible primitive plane with many divisions where the cloth is supposed to interact with the couch.
  • LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

hmmm invisible props, yeah i thinked about using first a cube instead of the couch.

I did also played witht he smooth and Collision modifier, but both could not grab the clothes out of the objects, so I am very happy we have these days Meshgrabber.

I did try it with higher simulation settings, but that seems not to work.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

So even with higher values, will it not work automatic.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482
    Leana said:

I don't know exactly how dForce computes collision but the problem might be that the mesh for the collision item is not very dense so there are no vertices in the right place to collide with the clothing.

If that's the problem there are 2 optionsI can think of:

• try a higher subdivision level for the collision item. This may not be the best idea if it's big though
    • Use a small dense item that you will hide as a collision item, for example put a small invisible primitive plane with many divisions where the cloth is supposed to interact with the couch.

For some reason, I thought that subdivison didn't make a difference to mesh density where dForce is concerned but I could easily be wrong. I always go for the primitive with lots of divisions option - easy to hide after the simulation.