New PC! Now I need to transfer all the files and need a little advice.

Hello all. You've been so helpful to me as I try to figure out all this Daz stuff. So my guy built me a new machine (Ryzen 7 cpu with RTX 2070 super GPU) and now I need to transfer my entire daz studio to the new machine. Is there an easy way to take the files from the laptop and put them on the PC? I was thinking of just copying the entire My Daz 3D Library file to a thumb drive and copy pasting that onto the new computer. Would that work? Does anyone know where to actually put the file? Or do I need to re download all the products one by one? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
    edited May 2020

Thumbdrive would work if you have one that can fit your library. Easiest way to not mess it up would be to install DS on the new rig, then you can right click on the "my library" folder in the library pain and pick "browse to folder location" that would be where you want to paste it all.

Post edited by TheKD on
  • kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805

You probably don't even need a thumbdrive.

Your laptop has wifi and might have a ethernet port. Connect to the same network, your home one, and just copy your assets over directly. If your so was able to put a system together I'm guessing this won't be beyond him either.