Getting Daz and my content on my new PC...

You've seen this kind of thread before... Sorry for that, but I am quite lost on what steps to take. My previous computer is a Macbook Pro where most of the content was manually installed. I want to transfer my stuff onto my new PC. I have 2 drives: an SSD 500Gb and an HDD 2Tb. I have 2 choices here, either I put everything on the second drive (HDD) or I put the Daz program on the SSD and the rest of the content on the HDD. Seriously, as I assume the performance difference between the two is quite minor, the easiest method the better as I am getting cancer fooling around this stuff. When this is out of the way, I also need to make my saved scenes load all assets correctly. I've read about the user's data to export and import? What else am I not thinking about?

Thank you in advance. 

If you do try to help me, know that you are saving me countless hours cuz I have an attention deficit disorder indecision

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,458

The applicatin needs to be installed anyway, so I'#d put that on the SSD. The contentjust plunk it down in a folder on the HD and tell DS where that folder is - Edit>Preferences>Content tab>Content Directory Manager, either select the current folders and click Edit on the left or click Add - you want the folder that holds the Data and Runtime folders.

• TheCedizTheCediz Posts: 172

Ok good it works at least with the content packages that was coming with Daz3D. I'll be importing my content and scenes from my Mac now. Thank you, if anything I'll come back here. 

But before that, 2 quick questions. Should I change the path for the connect library for the same path I use for "My Daz3d library"? I'm not even sure I use the connect library normally. Also, Should I export and import my user Data? What is it good for?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,458

Moving the Connect Data directory is up to you - mine is in the same, non-default, folder as the main content directories but if you don't se the system it doesn't really matter.

Userdata will have all your own metadata - anything you have categorised, plus your saved files' categorisation.

• his xhis x Posts: 866
    edited May 2020

--

Post edited by his x on