Noob needing help

Hi all. I'm well versed in poser but really want to work with Genesis and IRAY but i've heard the render times can be very long in comparison depending on specs. I'm not really good at undetstanding specs so I was hoping if I give you mine you could tell me if it would be enough to cope? 

I'm running windows 10

intel core i3-813ou 2.2ghz with turbo boost up to 3.4ghz

intel uhd graphics

4gb ddr4 memory

128gb ssd

Many thanks guys. 

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,458

That machine is going to struggle - 4GB of RAM is very little for this, and you don't have an nVidia GPU so Iray will be limited to CPU rendering. I suspect you would be limited to single-figure scenes at best.

• RD2ARTRD2ART Posts: 28

I would agree that both the lack of a nVidia graphics card and the 4GB of RAM would limit the size and quality of your renders, plus your renders would take a very long time to complete.

• wmiller314wmiller314 Posts: 184

I started using DAZ with a laptop with an intel i5 and a GTX 1050 GPU and scenes regularly took two or three hours to render. So you would probably be looking at similar or a little longer render times. I've just had a new computer build with an AMD Ryzen 7 and an RTX 2070 Super but I'm still setting it up so I don't know what the render times on the new machine will be like. I'll update once I've had a chance to play around with it in DAZ.