How to use auto shape enhancer????

odasteinodastein Posts: 606

I acquired : https://www.daz3d.com/auto-shape-enhancer-for-genesis-8-female but I've no clue how to use it. I found a "auto shape on" "auto shape off" button, but I can't find the actual morphs. I looked into "parameters : actor : legs" for instance, but it doesn't seem that there's anything there. 

There doesn't seem to be any read me or explanation, either, as it is unfortunately the case with many assets, the PA leaving us to fend for ourselves, and figure out as we can where they have decided to put their stuff and how to use it, something that irritates me to no end, as it would be so simple to give some basic explanation in a PDF or similar. 

Post edited by odastein on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

If I remember correctly, there should be some morphs under legs. Go back to Actor, and search for “shape” and/or “ASE”, because I can’t remember which label D Master used for this product. There should be a master dial which activates the morphs, then individual dials for the various parts affected by ASE. I can’t be any more specific than that right now. If you don’t see any of those dials, try reinstalling. 

• odasteinodastein Posts: 606
    Gordig said:

If I remember correctly, there should be some morphs under legs. Go back to Actor, and search for “shape” and/or “ASE”, because I can’t remember which label D Master used for this product. There should be a master dial which activates the morphs, then individual dials for the various parts affected by ASE. I can’t be any more specific than that right now. If you don’t see any of those dials, try reinstalling. 

Thank you. But I'm positively certain that there's nothing under "legs". The only morph there besides the basics isn't this one. I quitted and reloaded DAZ Studio in case the morphs didn't appear properly, but to no avail. 

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Look at the bottom of any of the last 3 promo images.

Finally found them under parameters : actor : full body : real world : auto shape enhancer  . leaving it here in case someone else would search for them. 

edited May 2020
    dawnblade said:

Indeed, thank you. I just had found them, however. But frankly, why would I have expected to find this information on the last promo images? It would never have occured to me to look there. 

Also, the folder in the library is to be found in an abnormal place ("Characters" instead of "Shapes" where similar assets logically are), so I had to look at the read me on DAZ website to find it to begin with. 

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    odastein said:
    dawnblade said:

Indeed, thank you. I just had found them, however. But frankly, why would I have expected to find this information on the last promo images? It would never have occured to me to look there. 

Sometimes a PA will add a screenshot of the settings to  the promos. But yeah, it is frustrating when things aren't where you would expect. PAs have some liberty where to put them. One problem with that, for example, is now I have 2 "Light Presets" folders,  and the only difference is one extra space between the words. I have been wanting to submit a ticket for it, but the desire to work on my art is stronger than getting it fixed. smiley

• RD2ARTRD2ART Posts: 28

You could always search the parameter settings. There is a search function at the top of the parameter tab I usally search for "auto" when looking for that product. 

edited May 2020
    odastein said:
    dawnblade said:

dawnblade said:
    odastein said:
    dawnblade said:

Sometimes a PA will add a screenshot of the settings to  the promos. But yeah, it is frustrating when things aren't where you would expect. PAs have some liberty where to put them. One problem with that, for example, is now I have 2 "Light Presets" folders,  and the only difference is one extra space between the words. I have been wanting to submit a ticket for it, but the desire to work on my art is stronger than getting it fixed. smiley

That's a general problem. Folders are often doubled because of typos ("environmentS and environment"" for instance) or because the PA forgot one level of folders. Identical things are found in two different forlders depending on the PA (architecture or props for instance), there are tons of "vanity folders" going by the name of the PA instead of indicating what is in the folder and adding an unecessary level, etc... In this example, the folder has nothing to do in "characters", which I assume was chosen so that it would be more noticeable, being the only shape in the middle of actual characters. But if every PA was doing the same, 90% of the content of "characters" would be clothes, or poses, or shapes or who knows what, depending on the mood of the PAs. 

I've long thought that DAZ should impose the folders to be used to the PAs, no exceptions. It would allievate a bit the massive issue of finding what you're searching for in the library. 

RD2ART said:

You could always search the parameter settings. There is a search function at the top of the parameter tab I usally search for "auto" when looking for that product. 

Hmmm...I had never paid attention to it. Thanks.