Keyboard navigation won't turn off after update

Since the last update keyboard navigation for view control is forced on, whether or not the keyboard navigation icon in the bar is selected. Shift-K has no effect as far as I can see and I can't stop the camera from moving when I press keyboard buttons. Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,943

I have exactly the same problem. I submitted a help request about it and the response (paraphrasing) was that it is working for them. CS closed my help request and marked it solved. It is clearly not solved for me or for you. Please submit a help request. Perhaps if more people bring this to their attention, they will look into in harder.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454

I am told that this is being looked into.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

I have also been having this problem in the betas for some time. Turning keyboard navigation on and then off again, either through the keyboard shortcut or by clicking on the icon, has no effect. 

I'm glad to hear that they are looking into this again. Thanks, Richard. 
    @Gordig, I've been seeing this in several of the last beta releases, too. I first submitted my help request on it on version 4.12.1.76 and then updated the request to say that it still happened in 4.12.1.109 and again for 4.12.1.115 and again for 4.12.1.117.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

As a workaround, I found that removing the Keyboard Navigation command from the toolbar (Tools and/or Viewport Tools) does away with the problem. Shift-K still toggles it properly, so if you remember that, you can pretty much be back to normal (though no indication that it's active or not). It also removes that initial hesitation when you press the key. 

From the change log: 

• Fixed an issue that allowed a disabled action to be triggered using its shortcut

• e.g., WASD keyboard navigation actions would still trigger when their respective assigned shortcuts were pressed even though the Keyboard Navigation action was toggled off and the individual actions were disabled

DAZ Studio : Incremented build number to 4.12.2.4

See, we weren't seeing things! Thanks, Daz developers for taking another look and fixing the problem. I wish that we'd get a hot fix. This has ruined many a camera view.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442
    NorthOf45 said:

As a workaround, I found that removing the Keyboard Navigation command from the toolbar (Tools and/or Viewport Tools) does away with the problem. Shift-K still toggles it properly, so if you remember that, you can pretty much be back to normal (though no indication that it's active or not). It also removes that initial hesitation when you press the key. 

Well, no, that doesn't last. It seems to come back when you change tool, but it is stable while you use any one. Anyway, looks like it has been fixed. 

• FGtFGt Posts: 4
    edited May 2020

Not exactly the same problem, but It looks like the reason for that might be the same or anywhere around.

Keyboard controls (wasd) became unresponsive, laggy on 4.12.117 or earlier. Like you're playing computer games with a ping over 200. Shift+K also doesn't work.

Here is what I found on the forum:

Is anybody else experiencing the weird movement/inut lag when using WASD keyboard movement? This wasn't an issue in the previous version, now when I try to move perspective or camera it starts with almost 1 second delay.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/341006/daz-studio-pro-beta-version-4-12-1-76-updated/p42

Since I did the update, there's something odd going on with the navigation keys.

First of all, the Toggle Keyboard Navigation(shift-k) does nothing, it can be on or off, hotkeys will still work, well, they do something but doesn't work as expected.

When trying to move forward (or any direction) in the viewport using the keyboard, there is a delay between the keystroke and the camera moving (or any view), making it the whole viewport unusable with the hotkeys. Preview mode doesn't matter, the same things on all. The scene can be totally empty or with any content (that I tried) and it will be the same too.

I did an F3 -> Default and it didn't fix it.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

It cures by deliting actions.dsx, customactions.dsx in Appdata and resetting Daz to defaults, but it works only until you reastart Daz, then it happens all over again.

Post edited by FGt on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454
    edited May 2020

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_12_2_5

• Fixed an issue where actions bound to keyboard shortcuts with a sequence count of 1 were waiting as though there was a potential subsequent shortcut in the sequence instead of immediately triggering the action

• e.g., WASD keyboard navigation actions seemed to suffer a delay even though no actions were bound to multiple shortcut sequences

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on