OOT Mega Wardrobe broken Knee at Jeans

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

OOT Mega Wardrobe broken Knee at Jeans

Hi,

I wanted to use the OOT Mega Wardrobe Jeans -> https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-female-mega-wardrobe

The product pics dont show me the error, but I have holes in the texture.

I add Screenshots for infos, it have hidden Styles, because the jeans can be redesigned, even in the "Zero apply" style, is it broken.

It does not have a cutout map, I tested it on 2 G8F Chars and it have the problem at both. In the texture Shaded Version is it not there, so it is some Iray bug, maybe... graphiccard? Both chars don't have a geoshell active, which could cause it.

The texture did I shrinked, cutted and added some crazy stuff to make it hard to "steal".

Would be glad on any advice, can someone reproduce this?

(I didnt restarted daz studio atm, it takes so long to build up scenes^^)

2020-05-04 11_56_26-Window.jpg
1221 x 611 - 125K
2020-05-04 11_55_58-Window.jpg
1268 x 608 - 132K
2020-05-04 12_09_37-DAZ Studio 4.12 Pro.jpg
468 x 311 - 17K
2020-05-04 12_09_23-DAZ Studio 4.12.jpg
500 x 359 - 10K
2020-05-04 12_09_16-DAZ Studio 4.12 Pro -.jpg
527 x 370 - 51K
Post edited by Loony on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,458

Why does it show G8MW_SuperJeans(2)  - that implies there are two copies loaded, which can produce bad renders if they coincide.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

because I did had it on person 1 and then tested it on person 2... and no, thats not the reason, it looked the same at both at any time.

I did delete it on person 1 as I placed the second.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

It's not an error on your machine or hardware, I ended up removing the set from my library when I noticed that same issue and couldn't resolve it.

I ask me why the vendor have a working version and offered us a broken one ;( the promo images arent broken...

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@Loony "I ask me why the vendor have a working version and offered us a broken one ;( the promo images arent broken..."

Well maybe the "offered" version isn't broken. There are a lot of variables in people's computers and installations. One often notes that the same people keep having issues with several products of differnet types from different vendors. Even a casual analysis would suggest the common factor isn't the product or PA.

Please open a support ticket, though I don't recall seeing tbis issue and  think I have the set.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

The wire mesh image make me think that the invisible 'cuffs' should have been done as Geo-Grafts.  You could probably work around it by using the geometry editor tool to select and hide them.

the Cuffs are not even visible, the Opacity is set to 0. And it have a 3dl shader, when you load the full or 3/4 jeans.

edited May 2020

Which files are you loading and applying? The set doesn't come with 3Delight presets, and the clothing loads untextured.

MegaWardrobe SuperJeans.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 293K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

I say 3Dl because when you load the Jeans it have those hidden parts to morph to the other jeans and those parts are 3DL styled, see my first screenshots. (which I can't see... WHY? its not the first time that I can't see my own attachments -_-)

I see now your attachment, weird why it is working :(

Please give a step by step description of what you do, from blank scene to bad render - that may help to pin the issue down.

edited May 2020

Well. Daz Studio started, Pants loaded (the base item without any material), Result:

I go now in my Folder:

D:\daz3d content\Studio\My Library\data\outoftouch\MEGA Wardrobe\MEGA Wardrobe SuperJeans

My File "G8MW_SuperJeans_27382" is 4,26 MB (4.468.308 Bytes) that big (first value in properties). (Is this the Geometry data file? )

The bug is under that stuff .Same a bit higher:

Hiding it in the geo Editor does solve it.

This make no problems:

Post edited by Loony on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    edited May 2020

I tried this, with my set, and while the "WrapBottom/Knee/Thigh" have a 3DL shader applied to them when invisible, their opacity is set to zero.  Everything visible has the Iray shader base.  When the "WrapBottom/Knee/Thigh" are visible, they have an Iray shader. 

I couldn't reproduce the dark spots with a couple of different lights.  What you can also try is to apply the Iray Uber Base to the invisible areas and see if that doesn't fix it, although you've already managed a way to fix it.

FWIW, these have been in the store for almost 3 years, and have gotten a lot of use by a lot of people.  What's more, OOT is a really good PA.  If this was a "broken" product, it would have been fixed long ago.

Annotation 2020-05-05 075525.jpg
    1145 x 686 - 158K
    Post edited by Sevrin on

could you check your data folder if your filesize is differnt from my one? And maybe the polycount, my can you see in my screenshots.

I just tried loading the jeans alone into a default scene and did see the oddness, I suspect it is lighting related (the render yesterday used purely local lights, and different settings in other respects).

Just tried again, loading rhe jeans into the scene I used yesterday they look fine, in a scene using the default HDR they have the artefacts. I don't know if that's local lights vs HDR or soemthing more specific, but it does look as if it is rlated to lighting and/or render settings. I certainly think that's worth a Techncial Support ticket https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us , perhaps waiting to see if we can put together a few more examples where the issue shows.

I just tried a random selection of HDR environment maps without seeing the artefacts.

Just tried again, loading rhe jeans into the scene I used yesterday they look fine, in a scene using the default HDR they have the artefacts. I don't know if that's local lights vs HDR or soemthing more specific, but it does look as if it is rlated to lighting and/or render settings. I certainly think that's worth a Techncial Support ticket https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us , perhaps waiting to see if we can put together a few more examples where the issue shows.

Would it be possible if you can contact the support? I am always happy when others can do it, because my English is not perfect and there is no German Support, even if I get the feedback, that all understand me good, I am not soo happy with it :)

(I also hate all those fields in the daz Support ticket, they should make it smaller T_T)

If you are getting the email field, and having a captcha pop up, then click the Sign In link at top-right. For some reasn ZenDesk doesn't pick up that you are logged in at Daz.

• This happens a lot with OOT hairs for me. I think it has to do with the invisible geometry occupying the same space. I'm not sure why it happens, but it happens only rarely and mostly with OOT products. 

If you are getting the email field, and having a captcha pop up, then click the Sign In link at top-right. For some reasn ZenDesk doesn't pick up that you are logged in at Daz.

No I never had that, I just asked if you can tell it the support, would just be nice.

• P302P302 Posts: 35
    edited May 2020

I have the male version of this product and encountered the same problem. Try to set the "Instancing Optimization"  to "Speed" in the render tab. Also - again -  moving the figure to the scene orgin might help. It doesn't completley go away but improves. 

IMHO it has something to do with intersecting meshes of the model, for this product offers different lengths of the legs by switching visibility. Again I think it's a bug in the Iray implementation, because we have the same annoyances with intersecting haircaps - head meshes and maybe also that dreaded black eye problem is caused by that.

Post edited by P302 on