Viewport Iray preview refreshing every 5 seconds

Hi,

Recently my viewport iray preview will start refreshing every 5 seconds.  I'm not sure whats causing it but the thing is that it doesnt do it all the time.  A few weeks ago i was messing with some settings that had to do with the render refreshing even if there wasnt a change that was done.  I was almost certain that i turned the setting on, didnt like it and turned it back off.  But i may have forgotten to turn it off.  I dont remember where the setting was, but it may have been in the render settings window.  I'm not sure if thats what it is because like i said the constant refreshing doesnt happen all the time.

EDITED: i dont think i was in the render settings, it was the surfaces window. I clicked the options at the top right of the left hand cluster of windows and found the autorefresh option and unchecked it.  Going to see if that was it or not...hopefully it is, but i'm pretty sure that just in the last 2 weeks i reset all my Daz settings to default.

anyone have any ideas?

Post edited by unused account - glossedsfm on

Comments

• If you have applied decals to anything, that's where you should pay attention. I found that decals STRONGLY mess with the iray preview when you make the figure/object they're applied to invisible. The decals somehow are still trying to apply themselves to something and as a result they restart the iray every few seconds.

Either delete them or move the figure/object they're applied to out of your camera field so they stop messing with you. I had a scene with many lights and 9 figures and thought it was the amount of figures or some heavier texture. Tried deleting everything unneeded one thing after another until I realized I left those useless decals there..

Hope that helps!