[Solved] Raven River - Unable to Locate files

katywhitekatywhite Posts: 434

So I just recently got the Raven River and was testing it out. I'm having some error dialogs come up with 'unable to locate files.' Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I installed it using the install manager. And then I go to load it in.

First I start with the canal, works fine. But then when I go to add the material to the water it gives me an error message that it can't locate the file. So I go locate it and add it in. Then I try the candles, those work without any problem. But when I try the boat it gives me several dialogs that it cannot find several files and I can't find them either.

1) Am I doing something wrong? Is there a simple way to fix this that I'm missing?

2) Is there a way I can check if the one I manually located loaded in? I can't tell in texture mode and setting to IRAY just clocks for me and never loads anything. Only other way I know is to render but it would be painful to sit watching for twenty minutes or more just to see if this is working.

I'm pretty new to Daz 3d so I understand this may be a user error but I'm not sure. Any help that could be provided would be much appreciated. :) I've attached images so you can see exactly what I'm seeing.

Raven River 1.jpg
394 x 536 - 67K
Raven River 2.jpg
1770 x 990 - 336K
Raven River 3.jpg
1774 x 1038 - 395K
Raven River 4.jpg
802 x 542 - 59K
Raven River 5.jpg
1774 x 976 - 366K
Raven River 6.jpg
1776 x 1034 - 434K
Raven River 7.jpg
1772 x 1000 - 416K
Raven River 8.jpg
1786 x 1004 - 431K
Raven River 9.jpg
1764 x 998 - 421K
Raven River 10.jpg
1774 x 1002 - 426K
Raven River 11.jpg
1770 x 1026 - 421K
Post edited by katywhite on

Comments

• bad texture placement on an older product.

Move the water maps to Runtime\Textures\Ladonna\LDD_Ravenriver from Runtime\Textures\LDD_Ravenriver\Ladonna\Ldd_Ravenriver

The "brushedmetal.jpg" map doesn't seem to exist in this product, so you'll need to edit the DSA file to eliminate the error.

Or save as a new material prest, which will ignore the missing texture.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,458

Some of the textures appear to be in the wrong place. Copy the maps from

\runtime\textures\ldd_ravenriver\ladonna\ldd_ravenriver

to

\runtime\textures\ladonna\ldd_ravenriver

and see if that works.

• katywhitekatywhite Posts: 434

Thank you all for your help so far. Moving the water maps seemed to have fixed the first problem. However, the missing images two things:

1) I'm not sure what you mean by "edit the DSA file to eliminate the error" - how would I go about to do this? (or would your second option saving as a new material preset be better?)

2) Does this mean the product will not render out the greatest because of the there are several texture files missing? (I tried to test render but my render function seems to have broke - or I'm doing something wrong. Keeps rending a blank screen with no image)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,458

I'm not sure - I'd installed via Connect (inside DS) and moving the files in the folder that creates desn't help as they are not listed in the database. The BrushedMetal may, I suspect, be a reflection map - if it is you don't want it anyway. You could apply one f the metals that comes with DS to the surfaces instead if it looks off in renders

• katywhitekatywhite Posts: 434

Okay thanks! :)