DSON Installer

A while back I purchased the DSON IMporter for Poser and a Genesis morph called Mr Hyde. For various reasons, I never installed them on my PC. Now I want to do so, but it seems when I downloaded the content, I only downloaded that and not the installers.

I manually installed the content but I don't believe I did it right, so I wanted to re-download DSON with the auto installer, but when I go to my account, and click on that link (see attached pic), it says the address "isn't understood". Not even sure what that means besides the link not working, so I'm wondering if there's a way I can download that, so the software will auto install correctly on my machine?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks -

Example.jpg
1094 x 879 - 157K

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Do you have DAZ Install Manager installed?

• arrowhead42arrowhead42 Posts: 52

I don't believe I do. But I just looked it up and I'm downloading it now.... After I install it, what should I do next?

After you install it you'll need to go to Settings (the gear in the upper right) > Advanced Settings > Applications.  If it didnt create an entry for Poser, click the + sign in the lower left to add the path to Poser.  Then go to the Installation tab and put in the path to your content folder, and set 'Content Path Shortcuts' to your content folder.  Close the Settings and you can install the DSON Importer and your content (make sure to install both the main file and the PoserCF).

edited May 2020

Ok, I did that....

according to the DSON [Importer] user manual, installing DSON [Importer for Poser] is supposed to create a folder in (I thought) my Poser character library, called Daz People. It didn't. There's a sub-folder in my geometries folder by that name, but I'm dumbfounded at what to do next

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

I went ahead and installed everything where it goes.... Genesis Starter Essentials and starter essentials for Poser. The file is now in my character library, but when I click to load a Genesis figure into my scene, Poser says the figure is there, but the scene is empty

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,458

Ok, I did that....

according to the DSON [Importer] user manual, installing DSON [Importer for Poser] is supposed to create a folder in (I thought) my Poser character library, called Daz People. It didn't. There's a sub-folder in my geometries folder by that name, but I'm dumbfounded at what to do next

The importer is just the code fr importing, as you found the content is in its own packages. Please bear in mind that DSON is the Daz Studio file frmat, the plug-in is the DSON Importer for Poser - using the wronf term can lead to cinfusion when a product has DSON core files for DS but no Poser support.

Ok, I have everything loaded in the correct spot, as near as I can tell. The Daz People folder exists in my runtime>geometries folder and in my Poser 11 Character library. But, in Poser, I click the Genesis 2 Base male figure, and load it the way I do any other figure, and Poser says it's there in my scene, but it's not.... almost as if I have the "visible" check box toggled off, but that's not the case. Any thoughts?

Example.jpg
    1646 x 908 - 200K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,458

Did you install the DSON core files to the folder that contains your Runtime folder, so the Data folder sits alngside the Runtime?

Nope. I get an error message when I try... see pic

Example.jpg
    512 x 165 - 21K

Are you installing it with DAZ Install Manager or the stand-alone installer?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

It seems you are trying to install content to the Program Files folder, never do this.