Marvelous Designer texture image file black and grainline?

Hi All, 

I'm trying to import my clothing to Daz from Marvelous Designer  but the textures have all gone I tend not to use it too much but I colour code items so when I get them into daz it's easier. Now the whole suit is just white! It just suddenly stopped exporting the textures. I'm so frustrated, the Marvelous Designer  website is totally useless now. The forum has gone but for four posts. It's just insane. It's never been good but it did work. What a time to do a major overhaul?!!!

Well, my main question was the grainline? If I want to change the direction of the 'grain' I turn the pattern in the UV but I noticed that weird double hook thing and discovered it was grainline but the help over at MD, as I think I might have mentioned is terrible. How do I use it? 

The texture thing is annoying but, not the end of the world. I'm sure it's glitching but I did restart.

Thanks

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,405

try rotating the 'weird double hook thing'?

Regarding the material library not importing to daz properly, maybe show a picture of your fabric list and export settings and your daz import settings? Maybe someone can help.

Also, note that your fabric names should not have any spaces in the names, otherwise the obj material zones and the mtl file wont generate as you intend it to.  And when importing to Daz, you need to have read surfaces/materials (or something like that) checked.

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718
    edited May 2020
    lilweep said:

Regarding the material library not importing to daz properly, maybe show a picture of your fabric list and export settings and your daz import settings? Maybe someone can help.

Also, note that your fabric names should not have any spaces in the names, otherwise the obj material zones and the mtl file wont generate as you intend it to.  And when importing to Daz, you need to have read surfaces/materials (or something like that) checked.

The naming of the fabrics with spaces only prevents the right textres being imported. It doesn't stop any texture being imported. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 09.33.25.png
    2880 x 1800 - 659K
    Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 09.33.21.png
    2880 x 1800 - 544K
    Post edited by AbnerK on
    edited May 2020
    lilweep said:

And the hooky thing doesn't determine the direction of the pattern. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 09.54.38.png
    2880 x 1800 - 500K
    Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 09.54.33.png
    2880 x 1800 - 685K
    Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 09.53.39.png
    2880 x 1800 - 651K
    Post edited by AbnerK on
    edited May 2020

And

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 10.15.09.png
    2880 x 1800 - 460K
    Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 10.14.54.png
    2880 x 1800 - 621K
    Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 10.14.46.png
    2880 x 1800 - 656K
    Post edited by AbnerK on

I'm going to assume the black texture file is a bug. I can 'bake' a diffuse map so I can get around that and lack of textures disappears when I export the clothing in sections. Annoying but MD must be getting overloaded or something. I've even reinstalled the older update with no change to the black texture. It must be a preferences bug. I've reset the export settings too. No change. 

I'm assuming the grainline has to do with just draping as it doesn't change the pattern direction. I'm not interesting in looking into that now as I never use it and probably won't if it doesn't change the direction of the pattern. I'll keep on just changing the orientation in the UV window. 

edited May 2020

Yeah, a draping thing.

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 11.34.30.png
    2880 x 1800 - 915K
    Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 11.33.29.png
    2880 x 1800 - 886K
    Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 11.32.36.png
    2880 x 1800 - 756K
    Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 11.31.50.png
    2880 x 1800 - 779K
    Post edited by AbnerK on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,405
    edited May 2020

but the textures have all gone I tend not to use it too much but I colour code items so when I get them into daz it's easier. Now the whole suit is just white!

In your original post you said the problem was not textures, but the colour not importing.  I recommended something to fix that, and your images show that you were able to fix this when following my suggestion and removing spaces.

The texture transform tool (hook) will change the grain direction, i think you are just not applying your textures correctly. See the following:

For example, i see you have arranged your textures properly in this image:

But in the next image, you havent even used that texture (see attached)? Your texture in base colour clearly shows black and white stripes, hence why you get black and white stripes as your texture.  This isn't a bug.  It is just logic, no?

Capture1.JPG
    926 x 606 - 77K
    Post edited by lilweep on
    edited May 2020
    lilweep said:

but the textures have all gone I tend not to use it too much but I colour code items so when I get them into daz it's easier. Now the whole suit is just white!

In your original post you said the problem was not textures, but the colour not importing.  I recommended something to fix that, and your images show that you were able to fix this when following my suggestion and removing spaces.

OH GOOD GRIEF.  :D there really is nothing I could say that woudn't be rude. WOW. I really can't be bothered to talk about it with you because, WOW! You were even in discussion that say not to use spaces last year. I was also in those disussions. I did use spaces but that is one of the first things I sorted out. I don't even know why I'm trying to defend myself. WOW!

Post edited by AbnerK on
    edited May 2020

I can't help posting this though. Just to show you, for your understanding about what is not going one. 

The two items have just been imported as is. Nothing has been changed. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 20.34.12.png
    2880 x 1800 - 1M
    Post edited by AbnerK on

And now solved the Unified Texture image being black. I need to export an image less than about 3400 px. I haven't exhuasted all possibilities but 3400 px and above is too big. 3100 px works fine.