Entries still available after deinstallation

Hello,

I hope somebody can help me with my problem. I searched the net but couldn't find anything related to this problem.

I installed some content and it shows up in my smart content. After I uninstalled the files via IM the entries are present in the smat content without any content in it. How can I get rid of the empty entries without reinstall DAZ3D?

Thank's in Advance

Comments

• If you find the product in the Products tab of Smart Content what colour is its thumbnail(or rather, is it in colour or greys)? Does it have a triangle in a circle icon at top-right?

• X00LAX00LA Posts: 4

If you find the product in the Products tab of Smart Content what colour is its thumbnail(or rather, is it in colour or greys)? Does it have a triangle in a circle icon at top-right?

I'ts grey with the same warning sign in it.

• OK, so it isn't that the CMS thinks there's a Connect install, which was my first thought. It also seems not to have the basic product thumbnail. Try right-clicking on it and selecting Update Metadata

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I just went through my dim and uninstalled everything to clear out my library and start fresh (I'm making DIM installs of everything I have from all other sites)

I found that there were quite a few files that didn't actually get removed from the PC after uninstalling with DIM. (I can't remember which ones though off-hand)

OK, so it isn't that the CMS thinks there's a Connect install, which was my first thought. It also seems not to have the basic product thumbnail. Try right-clicking on it and selecting Update Metadata

Didn't have the expected effect I hoped for, but I figured out how to remove the entries manually. There are many entries of installs which are not removed after deinstallation. I have no choice but to manually remove these entries again and again. Hope this will be fixed in one of the future updates of DAZ3D.

Thank you for the help.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    xoolalp said:
    How can I get rid of the empty entries without reinstall DAZ3D?

As a side note, this does not work. The content system of DAZ|Studio is designed to be preserved through an uninstall/reinstall of the program. It has to be this way, otherwise every installation of a new program version would destroy everyone's content library.

xoolalp said:
    How can I get rid of the empty entries without reinstall DAZ3D?

As a side note, this does not work. The content system of DAZ|Studio is designed to be preserved through an uninstall/reinstall of the program. It has to be this way, otherwise every installation of a new program version would destroy everyone's content library.

Good to know, thank you. So after all i have to stick with the manual method. Not a big thing, but a bit annoying. I definetly learn to life with it.