Products with no image in user content

I deleted files in my user content folder and now there are products listed with no image in the content listing.

How do I delete those empty listings? What is the correct way to delete unneeded content in the user folder?

Thanks in advance. smiley

Comments

• Find them in the Content Library pane, under categories or Products, right-clck, and select the remove reference option (or uninstall if it was a product installed through Connect).

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,301
    edited April 2020

Find them in the Content Library pane, under categories or Products, right-clck, and select the remove reference option (or uninstall if it was a product installed through Connect).

Thank you Richard for your reply, these are not installed products per se, They are scene subsets that i have saved in the user folder. I deleted them from the user folder but a default "missing" image is still displaying in the list of saved items.

I will see if your suggestion works. Thanks!

Post edited by RexRed on
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,301

I have found that your answer only partially answers my question Richard, but it was your answer that led me to a solution or workaround. 

If you notice in the image I provided that the files with the exclamation point are the problem. When I right click on the file in the Smart Content menu there is no delete option.

But I noticed the subtle distinction, you said to right click on the file in the Content Library Pane, that is a different place actually and I went there and these files with the exclamation points are not listed there.

So I figured out that if I save a new object with the exact same file name as the file with the exclamation point it will assume that spot. Then that new file will appear in the Content Library pane then I can delete it by right clicking on it.

The way I got these dud files with exclamation points is I right clicked on the object file in the Smart Content pane and went to the file location and deleted it there.

It left these orphaned picture entries in the Smart Context Pane. 

I am leaving this info to help someone else who might encounter this problem.

Thanks for your help Richard, it ultimately led me to the solution.

Deleted FIles.jpg
    1511 x 2153 - 292K