Yossarian's soldier who saw everything twice and Smart Content

mavantemavante Posts: 734

Okay, that title is an allusion to the novel Catch-22, but I am beginning to feel like Yossarian's soldier who saw everything twice; my Smart Content has started giving me two—count 'em: TWO—thumbnails-with-names for each item inside a product.

I can't pin down exactly when this started. I don't know if it is happening with every product because I haven't tried doing an in-depth checking of a lot of products (not able to get into DS right now to do it, either), but I just started noticing that I would double-click on a product in Smart Content to get inside it, and I was seeing two of everything. This decidely is not the situation of having an iRay and a 3Delight version of something. I know what that looks like, and how to differentiate. No, this is TWO of exactly the same thumbnail, exactly the same name.

Very weird. I know that several times recently I have used DB Maintenance to reimport all metadata, import the metadata queue, and condense the database.

Has anyone else seen this phenomena? (I sure hope so.) Any idea what causes it and what I can do about it?

Post edited by mavante on

Comments

• westechiewestechie Posts: 17

It might relate to the number of folders you have linked to the DAZ Studio Formats entry at the top of the listings in the Content Library pane.

It is also possible for items NOT installed through the DAZ Install Manager to automatically show up in the Smart Content pane as well.  This can occur if you place some thing with a Runtime folder into your ../My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/ folder for instance.  This holds true with some plugins and could also be a source of your frustration.  Also, if you organize your stuff from the Content Library pane through right clicking an Asset and choosing Organize, then they can accordingly show up in your Smart Content pane as well.

Lastly if you have multiple folders for your Content registered with DAZ Studio, then you can easily have multiple duplicates show up.  This holds true if you have a back up copy of your data linked to DAZ Studio in some way as mentioned before.  That effectively tells DAZ Studio that you have doubles of every thing.