problem getting the transfer utility to convert obj files into clothing items.

kimmeeykimmeey Posts: 41

i don't remember if i've made a similar topic, but i do not think so. the problem comes in at the very last second,.once the transfer utility runs, suddenly, all of those clothes are wrapped around my characters head. i've tried correcting this on my own for weeks, but i just can't figure it out. i have everything (shirt, pants, etc.) positioned exactly where it should be, but then they all suddenly wrap around the head of the character? i could really use some help with correcting this problem. i would really appreciate any answer i could get or something i could try, please. thank you. important to note would be that it is a custom characters with may morphs applied and i know that can cause problems, but it is unfortunately my only option as the clothes too are custom made to fit the character.

Post edited by kimmeey on

Comments

• How were they positioned? They need to import in the correct place, without any adjustment

• kimmeeykimmeey Posts: 41

yes, they import in the exact position that they need to be in. basically, the only thing that needs to happen is they need to attach to the model. they're already fitted to that specific character, and in the a-pose, you would never know they weren't connected, of course, until you try to animate or pose it.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

Are the character you are using the base character, e.g. G8F Base?

If so, try to show your transfer rigging settings.

• kimmeeykimmeey Posts: 41
    edited April 2020
    felis said:

Are the character you are using the base character, e.g. G8F Base?

If so, try to show your transfer rigging settings.

i think i might actually have the victoria "body" morph dialed up. will that cause a problem?

Post edited by kimmeey on
  • If a morph is dialed in {i.e. the victoria body morph}, then the donor needs to be "current" and the option to 'reverse from shape' {or whatever the exact wording is} is selected.

After making the clothing, do not reapply the fit to option causing it to be parented. Sometimes I have found that premature parenting causes the fly over the head result. Save the clothing, then reapply the fit to with parenting, then resave the clothing.