Cookie! to Genesis 8 Female

I apologize if this is misplaced, seems like a technical question to me.

Is it possible to fit Cookie! clothes, like the critters paws, to the Genesis 8 Female? I've tried to load the paws and move them manually into place to no avail, they don't have xyz transforms, and the autofit doesn't work either. I did some digging about and couldn't find a solution that worked. Is there a way to add Cookie to the autofit? I'm trying to create a figure similar to Master Tigress from Kung Fu Panda and not having much luck. The paws for Cookie are exactly what I'm looking for, three fingers, large, ect.

Thank you.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393
    edited April 2020

Autofit won't work, and it would probably distort them anyway.

I would suggest loading 2 copies of the paws and hiding one on each copy, then parenting each paw to one hand.

Post edited by Leana on
  • wmfl1980wmfl1980 Posts: 18

I had to do it for all four limbs, the hands and feet, but it worked, thank you Leana. I hope it doesn't make for a huge file my machine can't work with when I get to work on it all. Thank you very much!

edited April 2020

Spoke too soon. I saved the file and when I went to reopen it I got a missing pieces message:

"/data/auto_adapted/7-Paws_21740/geometry_95cd1fe8_6927_8de6_e1e5_237c0368a0e1/7-Paws.dsf"

All four paws are blocks now.

I did it again, with only one paw this time, saved and quit and once again, when I reopened the file, the paw was blocks.

Do I have to go through placing and hiding the pieces I don't need every time?

Post edited by wmfl1980 on

You shouldn't get an error when reloading the scene. Unless you're opening it on another machine?

Those items are in Poser format, so when you use them in a scene there are DS files for them saved in /data/auto_adapted/ which are then reused when loading the scene. Those files should be created in the /data/ folder of the first DS content directory you have listed in DS preferences.

To use the scene on another machine you would need to transfer the data files too, not just the scene file.

If it's on the same machine, can you show us how your directories are setup?

edited April 2020

All the same machine. When I go into my data folder, C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data, there isn't a auto_adapted folder.

I'm not sure how to check and see what my first DS content directory listed in DS preferences is, I apologize.

Thank you for all the help Leana, I sincerely appreciate it.

Post edited by wmfl1980 on

Go to Edit > Preferences and select "Content" tab, then "Content directory manager" button. Expand the various sections to see the registered directories

Thank you Leana, I went into Edit and checked the Content Directory Manager. The first was for CMS Cluster Directory, the second Daz Connect Data, which pointed to a place that doesn't exist on my machine, so that's interesting, teh next was Daz Studio Formats, then Poser Formats, which pointed to the same location that doesn't exist but my Public Documents too, which is where everything I have is installed. I did a system search for "auto_adapted" and came up short. Did another for "auto adapted" and found nothing. Since the latest Win update my Daz studio has been all messed up. I have no idea how many times I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, all very frustrating.