Cayman's Legacy UVs - M4/V4 for G8M/G8F - issue with eyes (solved)

HylasHylas Posts: 4,908

Hi there!

I'm still confused about Cayman's Legacy UV products, M4 for G8M and V4 for G8F.

I know how to make them work and apply a M4 skin to my G8M.

But then I'd like to change just the eyes to conventional G8 materials (while keeping the rest of the M4 skin) and I can't quite figure it out. The iris and pupils are extremly dilated and there's a weird geograft part in the sclera that I can't make sense of. I can see that there's some kind of hidden eye morph connected to the product but I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

Help please? How do I apply conventional G8 eye materials to a G8 figure that has Cayman's Legacy UV applied to them? Thank you!

Post edited by Hylas on

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,908
    edited March 2020

Nevermind, just after posting this I figured out a way around it.

For those who are interested:

1) Load a G8M. (Don't apply Legacy UV's!)

2) Save as -> Shaping Preset

3) Name it Undo Legacy UVs Eyes or something.

4) Uncheck every box, except: Hidden -> Legacy UVs

5) Done! Next time you apply Legacy UVs to a G8M, afterwards apply Undo Legacy UVs Eyes to get the eyes back to normal.

EDIT: See post below :)

Post edited by Hylas on
  • Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,135

Hey, Hylas.  Yes, in the Legacy UVs for Genesis 8 pdf I explain about the alterations I needed to make to deal with the eyes.  I also gave instructions for using legacy eye textures with Genesis 8 textures, but not the other way around!

The solution is to hide the Sclera attachment (by selecting the Cornea Legacy and Sclera Legacy Surfaces of the geograft and setting the opacity to zero), then click the "Legacy UVs Eyes Zero Adjustment" preset in the Components subfolder, which will reset the Irises size using a hidden morph.  Your preset seems to replicate the "Legacy UVs Eyes Zero Adjustment" preset, but you will still need to hide the Sclera attachment.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,908

^ Oh, I somehow didn't see the whole Components subfolder.

And yes, I knew that I also need to turn the opacity of Cornea and Sclera of the Legacy Geograft to zero, forgot to mention it.

Thanks for the answer!

• SeiginotoraSeiginotora Posts: 107
    edited December 2020

I'm having similar issues, I think. 

No I'm not I got it figured out. ^^; 

Post edited by Seiginotora on