dForce & OpenCL 1.2 questions...

Can someone point me in the correct direction of OpenCL 1.2 so that I have use dForce?

I'm using NVidia GeForce 210 > I found the latest drivers for this > I downloaded/installed Visual Studio 2019 > I downloaded/installed NVidia's CUDA > But I'm still not getting OpenCL to show up in my DAZ... How do I find out if it IS loaded? Is there something someone knows that can help me figure this out?

Comments

• Your GPU doesn't support OpenCL 1.2.

That GPU is from 2009. OpenCL 1.2 came out in 2011

• Vanger ChevaneVanger Chevane Posts: 10
    edited November 2019

There's a larger issue with dForce now, AMD does NOT support OpenCL on ANY of it's newer products including the Ryzen-series chipsets.

Testing with a highly-reliable but dated GTX960 & the latest drivers from nVidia has shown a complete OpenCL failure in the X470 chipset

OpenCL will now only work strictly with an Intel-based system & non-AMD GPU. 

iRay rendering runs beautifully on an RTX2070 tho.

Post edited by Vanger Chevane on
  • There's a larger issue with dForce now, AMD does NOT support OpenCL on ANY of it's newer products including the Ryzen-series chipsets.

Testing with a highly-reliable but dated GTX960 & the latest drivers from nVidia has shown a complete OpenCL failure in the X470 chipset

All the information I can fidn refers to CPU support being dropped, nothing to suggest that GPU support - still less GPU support on nVidia cards - is expected to be an issue, and I'm pretty sure we have AMD users already who report no issues with dForce.

• There's a larger issue with dForce now, AMD does NOT support OpenCL on ANY of it's newer products including the Ryzen-series chipsets.

All the information I can fidn refers to CPU support being dropped, nothing to suggest that GPU support - still less GPU support on nVidia cards - is expected to be an issue, and I'm pretty sure we have AMD users already who report no issues with dForce.

I run sims all the time on my R7 2700 with a 1080ti and 2070 without issue. Doing some research OpenCL does seem to have been dropped from Ryzen chipset drivers. I can find nothing about Radeon cards no longer having support.

• ugh... So all signs are pointing to no on the with NVidia.. So will Daz do anything to address this at some point or is NVidia SOL?

• Is the only option I have is to get an "an Intel-based system"

• No. You need to get a more recent GPU. Your problem is that your card is ancient and doesn't support OpenCL 1.2. It also won't do iRay so it is of next to no use in DS.

• Thanks all for the input. smiley

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,610
    edited November 2019

Doing some research OpenCL does seem to have been dropped from Ryzen chipset drivers.

That is true for the ryzen cpus, or any amd cpu, with no integrated graphics. While amd apus will support opencl via the integrated graphics, including ryzen apus.

I do have a ryzen 3 apu with vega graphics with the latest amd drivers installed and opencl works fine with it. That is, I also have opencl for the 1060 but I can choose to use the vega or the 1060 for opencl since amd has its own driver.

Post edited by Padone on
  • NecriseyeNecriseye Posts: 44
    edited April 2020

Not to bump this topic, but my system also doesn't locate opencl. I'm running these specs:

Nvidia RTX 2070 (8gb)
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
    16gb Ram

This is with daz completely updated to the 4.12.0.86 version, and the latest gpu update for 2070 as well. I've had this issue since last year and have all but given up hope on solving it.
    Been looking for an answer forever now. I really have no clue why it's not registering in daz, because I didn't have this issue on my older amd system.

I'm attempting to install studio drivers over the game ready for my Nvidia card, since I heard this is something that might help. I'll keep you all posted and edit this post if I recieve any luck with it.

Edit: Alright I downloaded and installed the studio driver on Nvidia, still nothing. No dice. I have no clue what it could be other than a mention I read a while back, that it could be related to seperate OpenCL devices being used on the same system...

Post edited by Necriseye on