* SOLVED * dForce hair simulation won't work

daancouzijndaancouzijn Posts: 53

Hey guys,

I've been having some trouble trying to get the hair on my model to fluently interact with wind and gravity during an animated scene. I've been watching tutorials but somehow I can't seem to make it work. Does anyone know about some good tutorials explaining how to achieve this step by step?

I've been using dForce Classic Long Hair on a Genesis 8 female character.

Thanks in advance!

Post edited by daancouzijn on

Comments

• It doesn't work at all, or it techncially works but doesn't do what you want? If it's the latter, what kind of things are being awkward?

• When I simulate the hair, it falls down and moves according to the directon of the wind force. But when I render the animation, the hair is frozen and doesn't move.

It doesn't work at all, or it techncially works but doesn't do what you want? If it's the latter, what kind of things are being awkward?

• So, I've managed to get the hair moving during the animation. It was super simple: I changed the simulation setting from 'current frame' to 'animation (use timeline)'. The only problem now, is that from the first frame on, the hair is kind of floating in the air and falls down during the animation. I'm wondering how to get the hair to fall down, before the animation starts. Anyone?

• Got it! Select 'Use shape from scene frame 0' in the simulation tab under parameters.

• hello i tried ''Use shape from scene frame 0' but the hair is till floating for me, any ideas?

• Is there any real tutorial out there, on how to do this?