Renders are just black silhouettes

I hope someone can help, suddenly all of my renders are just coming out as black silhouttes.  I must have changed some kind of setting without realizing what I was doing, but for the life of me can't figure out how to fix this issue.  I even created new distant light and point light, and still just getting black blobs.  Help?

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

A screenshot goes a long way toward understanding your scene set. Is your viewport dark?

• Iray or 3Delight? Which version of DS (Help>About Daz Studio)? What GPU, and driver? What are your other system specifications?

• It isn't uncommon for Daz to get a hiccup along the way with rendering. This sounds like something that a simple reloading of Daz may solve.

If you were playing around in the "Render settings", you may have altered the "Environment mode", or settings in the "Tone Mapping" tabs. (Altering how light is handled, or what lights are included for the renders.

There is a button, "Defaults", on the top-right of the "Render settings" tab/page. Restore the "Defaults", and try again, if restarting Daz doesn't help. Unless you were not playing in that section or sub-sections.

• Just met this problem, tried restarting Daz and restoring to default in the render settings. Didn't work. But deleting the environment options of the scene fix this problem.

• Same thing happening to me.  Even if it was my fault, restoring defaul render settings should fix it but it doesn't.

• Glampfire GirlGlampfire Girl Posts: 25
    edited February 2021

See attached for the soution I finally found.

In 3Delight-- I had to Change Auto Headlamp from "Never" to "When No Scene Lights."

Some scene I had used prior to the problem must have left this problem in its wake.  Clicking "Default" on the render settings does not return this particular setting to default-- although I think it should.  

no_more_silouettes.png
    640 x 549 - 93K
    Post edited by Glampfire Girl on