How to Make a Clothes fit and work for Victoria 4?

I make some mesh clothes for genesis 3 and 8. I have a Victoria 4 character that I would like to use in a render. How do I make a clothes work in Victory 4?

To run on Victoria 8 I do work using Genesis 8, and for Victoria 4?

If anyone can help me, thank you in advance.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,390

Victoria 4 is an independent figure released before the Genesis line, she’s the base figure not a shape for some other base. And she uses a different type of rigging than Genesis figures (she’s not weight mapped).

To create clothes for V4 you need to model them around V4 base shape then use the figure setup tools (not the transfer utility which is for weight mapped figures) to rig them.

• DrykeDryke Posts: 32

Interesting. Is there any tutorial available for me to learn?

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,575

If you want clothing to match the morphs for V4 you have to create each morph individually. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,390
    pwiecek said:

If you want clothing to match the morphs for V4 you have to create each morph individually. 

You can have V4 clothes follow morphs like clothes for Genesis line do if you use the “transfer active morphs” feature in DS. You need to use that feature explicitly once you have your morphs setup in your scene though, it won’t do it automatically by default.

• May i ask a question is there any tutorials on how to morph as i have no idear i would love to make genesis's clothis fit vicky 4 as she will always be my favourt figure

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046

you sort of can but it's a fair few steps

first step is to get the clothing into V4's shape using clones on the figure wearing it

then convert it to props, the clothing not the figure

from there there is two ways I know

the first uses Poser and set up room, later versions with weight mapping easier as can basically conform it

not giving steps as plenty of tutorials out there

otherwise the traditional methods for rigging stuff

the other way you convert a loaded V4 to weightmapping general weights in DAZ studio just for the purpose of fitting the clothing

fit it with transfer utility then save it as a support asset

it will now fit a legacy V4 too but won't have any morphs but a smoothing modifier helps a lot