Morph is moving the target prop way out of position

Good morning everyone,

I'm morphing one of my existing products to change it's shape.  This is a support asset.  It's a prop (a bathtub to be exact). 

I exported the existing prop as an obj to be absolutely sure the placement would appear in Blender precisely where it loads in Daz.  The scale is correct, the placement is correct.  I worked from that obj rather than the original mesh file.  I exported the object back out.  I imported it in to DAZ to make sure the scale and placement were correct.  So far so good.  I then loaded the morph in morph loader pro, double checking the settings that I was indeed importing at the correct scale.  Morph loads successfully.  However, when I apply the morph, the bathtub moves halfway across the galaxy.  It does change the shape as I intended, but doesn't leave the prop in place.

Next step, I import the morph obj mesh in to Daz, and re-export it at Daz scale to see if that works.  No dice.  It still acts as though there is a scale issue, even with all of those precautions.

What should I check?

Thanks,

Causam

Comments

• Take a screen shot of the options dialogue successful OBJ import and the failed morph import - I'm pretty sure there's a mis-match (it's geernally best to use a preset, then DS takes care of converting the scale and any axis changes).

• Causam3DCausam3D Posts: 207

Ok I guess I'm not making myself clear.  It doesn't fail to import the morph.  It reports morph loaded successfully, but moves the prop WAY out of position when I slide the morph dial, something I usually associate with a scaling error. 

Here is the screen shot, "Fixed Blender" (which is simply the Blender preset with the axis corrected in Daz), The Daz preset is default - no changes at all (for the times when I export back out in Daz scale, which USUALLY solves this intermittent problem, but is not doing so in this case).  I can post that one too, but as I say, it is vanilla -out of the box Daz scale.

Ok wait, I see it now....

Somehow my scale on this preset has gone down to 100% from 5000%.  WTF?  I haven't messed with that at all.

But it still doesn't explain why the Daz preset moves the prop.

Update:

For whatever reason, when I saved the original product set (which I placed at World Center before I saved it), Daz did not make XYZ translations "0".  I had originally created the product as part of a scene, and when I imported them in to Daz as objs, I moved them all to World Center and then saved the prop assets.  So what Daz is doing is moving the object back and forth from the original position from BLENDER when it was created as an OBJ file, up through world center and off to a 3-dimensionally opposite location. 

Am I out of line to suggest that Daz should save prop assets where they are when I ask it to save them?  At 56, I've been around a little and I can say that IMHO, there is no excuse for this.  At any rate, I'll see if I can find a work around for this.

Unvbelievable, really.

• DS is saving the prop as it is - the location with translations applied. It has no way of knowing whether you are doing that deliberately (to have a preset for loading the prop at world centre, while having its zeroed postion be correct for its place in a building or vehicle say) or wanting to bake the position. If you want to have the item load centred with zero translations export as OBJ then reimport.

• gabrielsjgabrielsj Posts: 1
    edited December 2020

For those who visited this post looking for a solution, just unfit the prop/accessory or cloth and apply the Morph Loader, then fit again

Post edited by gabrielsj on
  • gabrielsj said:

For those who visited this post looking for a solution, just unfit the prop/accessory or cloth and apply the Morph Loader, then fit again

thanks very much.Sloved my pronlem.