taking long time to save

it seems lately my saving files is taking forever, both when saving a scene or just a working save. any suggestions?

Comments

• Hmmm ... I seem to recall reading somewhere that if you have custom settings in the render tab (maybe other sections as well), it can add a lot of details to the file being saved ... as in one custom detail makes the program save information on all the possible settings.  I cannot say if this applies to your situation or not, but if you have custom settings it might be worth doing a test with all settings reset to standard.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,944

Are you using LAMH fiberhair?
    Have you done an animated dForce drape?
    Have you created primitives with lots of mesh resolution?

These are some things that make large scene files for me and take longer to save.

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 564

I have a problem not with the save itself (meaning the saving of the actual data is quick), it is as it's putting the save files away (or logging them, however it works). It's taking an extra 3-4 seconds when before, it was always snappy. It's fine just after a new installation of Windows, but after a few months or so, the issue starts up again. Been happening to me for a few years now and happens across the Beta and Pro versions. It has also happened across different pieces of hardware, so switching to a new SSD/CPU/GPU/RAM/Motherboard has not solved the problem (in case anyone asks). :P

• I'm having this issue as well. Works fine after reinstalling windows then it comes back eventually. On stable not beta.