How to see ALL files in Smart Content

Hello,
I hope that somebody could help with that issue. Sometimes I am looking for some installed content, but can't find it. So I tried to uncheck "filter by content" in the Smart Content Pane and clicked on "All Files" (sort by name: A to Z). But it only shows me the files from "A" to "B", not more. That's annoying. When I click on all, I want to have all files listed in that pane. Content Management is really difficult in DAZ anyway. Can't find what I'm searching for. Can somebody tell me, how to really see ALL installed files and not just a little selection?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Smart Content will not show more that a set number (1,800?) of items so you need to filter - by changing the order, or by selecting a category, or by entering something in the text box. The Content Library under Products will list everything.

• Smart Content will not show more that a set number (1,800?) of items so you need to filter - by changing the order, or by selecting a category, or by entering something in the text box. The Content Library under Products will list everything.

I see. Thanks for that information. And there is no way to increase that set number of 1800 items? In the products pane there are just the packages I bought, not the single files. For example: If I want to find a specific material, which is included in a character package, then it would be very difficult to find it (since I can't remember the name of that character anymore). All I can remember is the thumbnail...If I want a quick overview of all the content I have, then this is quite impossible.

• Well, for materials you could look in the Materials category (and then probably drill down to a sub-category). As far as I am aware there is no way to increase the number of items shown.

• Ancient-Dream: If you remember the product the item you are looking for is from, in Smart Content change from 'Files' to 'Products' (they are listed above the All) and search for your item that way. The Product section of Smart Content will show them all. After going into the Product section, look at the bottom of the products listing and you will see: All | Installed | Available | Updates | Pending. Click on Installed. If you install via the DIM then the Smart Content Products will list some items as not installed and you will need to search for them via the Files section. After you've found the product you are after, double click it to be able to view its contents. Searching for the item will be standard after that.

As for the number of items viewable in the Smart Content, the program's coders need to up that number. Honestly, if DAZ wants us to use the Smart Content tab then the Files section needs to show all, not a select few. Content Library just has me so lost I'm sure I've been transported to another dimension and will never find my way back.

• I have a similar issue with my Content, I have to load most of the content manually,  how can I fix this?

• The actual top limit is 1,200, not 1,800 as I vaguely thought. You can chnage this via script, but the limit was chosen for performance reasons and you need to be prepared for a significant slowdown in CMS based views (Smart Content, preset tabs in parameter panes, etc.) if you increase it. See http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/object_index/assetmgr_dz , specifically http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/object_index/assetmgr_dz#a_1a39e51cc97b84d1fbf871c5297bbd30b7

• NavimNavim Posts: 79

I have had the same problem for years. The content list in the content pane simply does not show up. Consequently I have been unable to use the software for YEARS.

• Navim said:

I have had the same problem for years. The content list in the content pane simply does not show up. Consequently I have been unable to use the software for YEARS.

That doesn't sound like the same issue at all. Please give more details - which pane is this? Is it files or containers (folder/categories/products) that are not showing?

• Cake OneCake One Posts: 381

The actual top limit is 1,200, not 1,800 as I vaguely thought. You can chnage this via script, but the limit was chosen for performance reasons and you need to be prepared for a significant slowdown in CMS based views (Smart Content, preset tabs in parameter panes, etc.) if you increase it. See http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/object_index/assetmgr_dz , specifically http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/object_index/assetmgr_dz#a_1a39e51cc97b84d1fbf871c5297bbd30b7

Hi Richard

Could you please guide me on how to remove the top limit please?

My smart content used to be limitless browsing the "standing poses" from A to Z, and recently, it started limited itself to 1200 meaning i only go from A to G and it's really annoying.
    I searched online but couldn't figure out how remove that limitation.

I also have no idea on why it was not limited before and became limited in the past weeks.

Thanks

C.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,454

Something like

// Get the Asset Manager cfrom the applicationvar oAsstMgr = App.getAssetMgr();// check it was providedif ( oAsstMgr ) {	// set the desired maximum number of items to show	oAsstMgr.setMaxFileSearchResultSize( 1200 );}

inserting your desired number.

• Cake OneCake One Posts: 381

Something like

// Get the Asset Manager cfrom the applicationvar oAsstMgr = App.getAssetMgr();// check it was providedif ( oAsstMgr ) {	// set the desired maximum number of items to show	oAsstMgr.setMaxFileSearchResultSize( 1200 );}

inserting your desired number.

THANK YOU SO MUCH RICHARD ! ! ! ! !